Re: difficulty getting quoteDuring to work in combination with transposi

From: user3871075
Subject: Re: difficulty getting quoteDuring to work in combination with transposition
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 16:29:28 -0600

My apologies to Malte for (apparently) ignoring his suggestion.  His email didn't come through to my inbox and it didn't occur to me to even check online.

Malte - I understand that only doing transposition at the score level would work.  However, I'm entering some music from printed instrument parts so I'd much prefer to enter them "as is" instead of have to transpose in my head.  Usually this isn't a problem, but the piece I'm working on has these quoted sections, and based on the lilypond documentation I thought this was the preferred way to go.  Since in this case I don't really need the trumpet part (other than to quote into the clarinet part), I can just put the trumpet notes directly into the clarinet part and dispense altogether with quoteDuring.  But it's an interesting question exactly how to get this to work in the more general case.

Regarding your off-topic questions/suggestions.  My snippit originally used whole notes, and when I decided quarter notes would be better I forgot to remove the incorrect bar checks.  As far as correct octave marks, thanks for the suggestion.  I've solved that in other cases if the octavation turns out wrong by transposing the whole thing up (or down) an octave.  And I'll keep in mind that the '#' and "" are optional for \quoteDuring.  I typically just copy/paste examples from the documentation.

Thanks!