Re: Flat - with "2" number

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Flat - with "2" number
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2015 19:35:12 +0200

Server Acim <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
> I want to ask you a very important question.
>
> Turkish Music is divide two kinds in it inside.
> One of is "Turkish Classical Music". Its roots are based of Ottoman
> Impire. And "MAKAM" word is based some series. The title of makams are
> changed according to its note that where the serie is begined and
> ended.
>
> The second sub-genre of "Turkish Music" as an general title, is
> "Turkish Folk Music". This is the public's music that are coming from
> many eras. During the Turkish Classical Music is performing at the
> serailles, the folk music of Turkish folk people were singing their
> folk songs in villages and towns of Turkey.
>
> So, the "segah" koma(a littile bit lower than flat) sound is used in
> the key signature with normal flat sign but added a "2" number above
> it. We(The Turkish musician who uses LilyPond for engraving an Turkish
> Folk Song) need this sign for using it at the engraving project of a
> Turkish Folk Song.
>
> I am adding an attachment that includes this flat sign with number "2"
> in its key signature. This is taken from the Turkish Folk Song Archive
> of Turkey Radio and Television (TRT) Corporation.
>
> This is a very urgent matter. I need to have the solutiong as quick as
> possible.
>
> How can you help me?
>
> Thank you. Bye.

Your attachments looks like it uses 2 and 3 as a substitute for
indicating a three-barred sharp sign and a double-bulb flat sign.

Take a look at
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-non_002dwestern-music#Selected-Snippets-31>
and see whether this gives you the facilities you need for typesetting
Makamlar.  Is the output produced in that way acceptable to you?

--
David Kastrup