Re: makam.ly

From: BB
Subject: Re: makam.ly
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 15:32:11 +0200

On 10.08.2015 15:04, Hans Åberg wrote:
On 10 Aug 2015, at 12:49, BB <address@hidden> wrote:

When using makam.ly the "normal" lilypond notation for accidentials i. e. cis
gives an error. One has to use cbm for a full sharp with makam.ly.
It is easy to edit - just give it a name not in the LilyPod library, and keep
it in the  directory of the input sources.

Thank you very much for that "trick"!

Is there any library or trick available to use accidentials as usual and simply
add quarter tones?
If you mean E24, LilyPond already supports that. Multiples of 12 are
straightforward.

The most advanced solution so far is to use SMuFL <http://www.smufl.org>
together with OpenLilyLib and Graham Breed’s regular.ly, which gives any ET.

Tanks for this  suggestion as well. The layout looks quite nice!

I am just a hobbyist and have not heard from SMufl heretofore. I found
http://lilypondblog.org/2014/01/smufl-fonts-in-lilypond/
for my first imformation.
I am shure to need some time to study and digest the use of this SMufl lilypond extension.

I argue that SMufl will not overcome problems of quarter notes with midi and tabs.

Reagards