Re: Can't find right hand fingering without string #'s

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Can't find right hand fingering without string #'s
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 12:59:12 +0100

David Kastrup wrote Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:32 PM

> BB <address@hidden> writes:

>> I think I understand what you think to be wrong.
>> Obviously you are refrencing to version 2.10.33 stable branch of ilypond
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Fingering-instructions
>> I cannot find that chapter in subsequent manuals.
>
> Uh, that chapter does not prescribe c4-p or similar.
>
> And it is pretty much transferred to
> <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/inside-the-staff#fingering-instructions>

And more detailed explanations are to be found at

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/within_002dstaff-objects#fingering

although these both refer to LH fingering, not RH.  RH fingering is here

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fretted-strings#right_002dhand-fingerings

Trevor