Re: Lining up notes in staves with different rhythms and time signatures

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Lining up notes in staves with different rhythms and time signatures
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 20:59:25 +0200

Am 21.08.2015 um 20:56 schrieb Malte Meyn:
Am 21.08.2015 um 20:45 schrieb Blöchl Bernhard:
Interesting! New rules for basics of music.

I think this is too bold an assumption. It may very well be that there
is one 3/4 measure here, and I would trust the original typeset here.

Not every time signature change is printed in every music. Even if you see it as a “basic rule”. See for example the last one of Rachmaninov’s Etudes-Tableaux. Rachmaninov knew what he did.
And even more so in a Hungarian folk song which certainly has been orally transmitted most of the time and transcribed only at a time in the 20th century when the more rigid frame of 19th century notation conventions had become quite loose already. You bet the editor (and typesetters) have been scrupulous enough to get it right.

Yours, Simon