set barlines manually

From: Mátyás Seress
Subject: set barlines manually
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 21:40:11 +0200

Hi all,

how can I set barlines completely manually throughout a whole sheet music?
I tried these:

\override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f

\new Staff \with { \hide BarLine } {

\new Staff \with {\remove "Time_signature_engraver" \omit BarLine}{

\omit Score.BarLine
\undo \omit Score.BarLine

none of them worked well. Once no barlines are visible, and sometimes the barlines which I manually set and what the default 4/4 time signature calculates appears at the same time and looks ugly.
Can you please help?

Thanks :)

Matt