Re: frescobaldi from git

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: frescobaldi from git
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 16:17:25 +0200

Am 04.05.19 um 16:08 schrieb Thomas Morley:
Am Sa., 4. Mai 2019 um 15:40 Uhr schrieb Urs Liska <address@hidden>:

You *did* read this guide=
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/wiki/Run-Frescobaldi-3-on-Linux ?
No.

On
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi
I couldn't find anything helpful.

What is a pity is that you can't add any custom content on the "organization"'s home page, which would be https://github.com/frescobaldi, which is where I would mainly want to have information on the various repositories (instead of just the list of them) and things like links to websites and/or wikis.

Now that you provided the link, I _searched_ the site on
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi for "wiki"
and found something, following it, I finally found the guide.

(which was heavily discussed on this list).
Must have miss it or forgotten about it.

May I suggest to provide a direct link to the wiki in
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/blob/master/README.md
prominently.

I'll do that. I didn't really have in mind (in this case) that this is the document that will be rendered on the landing page.

Even trying to reproduce the above listed steps once more, I _again_
failed to find the wiki-link and had to search again.

Maybe now that I know there's probably a wiki I may come to grips how
to use openLilyLib as well.

https://github.com/openlilylib/oll-core/wiki

A link I've also shared multiple times on this list. And this is the more specific reason why I would want a customized organization page on Github. With Frescobaldi it's clear which is the "main" repository but with openLilyLib it is far from self-evident (although one *could* infer) that there is one repository oll-core that has the Wiki ...

I'm on Ubuntu-18.04 64-bit

18.04 is not explicitly mentioned there but Linux Mint 19 is based on
Ubuntu 18.04, so there should be no problems.
Yep.

I've added it to the Wiki page.

Urs

Cheers,