Re: Frescobaldi question

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi question
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 13:42:31 -0500

AHHHHH!

I have never, in 10 years, clicked on that control and saw it was a dropdown menu!

Much thanks!

Guy Stalnaker
address@hidden

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 1:38 PM Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 08.05.19 um 20:31 schrieb Guy Stalnaker:
GRRR - why does the Enter key sometimes send emails in GMail?? Sorry about that.

Urs,

I can indeed access the files through the Lilypond menu. But they open in Acrobat and not in the Frescobaldi Music View module.

Ah, I mixed things up. In addition to the LilyPond menu there is a document chooser in the Music View's toolbar (I assume it has already been there in v.2). With this you can select what is shown in the Music View ...

I continued investigating and I see ... interesting behavior. I noticed that my output file names had an alphabetical order:

Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-ChoirAndOrgan.pdf
Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-FullScore.pdf
Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-InstParts.pdf

If I modify the Output directive in the code to add "01" and "02" to the output file names, Frescobaldi changes the score is displays:

Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-02-ChoirAndOrgan.pdf
Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-01-FullScore.pdf
Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-InstParts.pdf

Results in FB showing the FullScore in its PDF Music View module.

Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-01-ChoirAndOrgan.pdf
Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-02-FullScore.pdf
Bax-AChristmasCarol-OrganSATB-Bax-AChristmasCarol-InstParts.pdf

Results in FB showing the ChoirAndOrgan in its PDF Music View module.

So, it appears that FB is choosing the "first" document of the set.

And I answered my own question :-)

Guy Stalnaker
address@hidden