Re: How to write notes for drums?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: How to write notes for drums?
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 01:13:10 -0700

On 2019-05-12 12:37 am, Andrew Bernard wrote:
Sadly, we are not all comprehensive polyglots.

Oh, to be an actual polyglot I could only wish. But I have always been far more interested in writing systems and scripts than the languages themselves. As such, I am resigned to utilizing online translation, with all of its foibles.

I could not refer to our new friend by name as I could not figure it out.

My email client makes the sender's name and email reasonably prominent--enough so, that Jacques' salutation confused me. I had to read Danil's email again to see where "otpravleno" came from. Once I saw the final line ending in "iPhone", I was fairly certain I knew what the line meant. A quick Google Translate confirmed it.

I do owe Jacques an apology. I had only intended to call out the error just for clarity to others on the mailing list, but I fear I may have offended by pointing out the mistake.

-- Aaron Hill