Change right-end placement of VoiceFollower line

From: DJF
Subject: Change right-end placement of VoiceFollower line
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 02:21:51 -0400

In the example below, I need the VoiceFollower line from the left hand to go to
the A half-note in the right hand, not to the quarter rest. I’ve tried to see
if I could move the right end of the line over using an \override, but I can
only seem to move the entire line (like with
VoiceFollower.bound-details.right.padding). Other setting combinations don’t
seem to do anything,  or at least I haven’t yet found a combination that does
what I need.

I could manually create a diagonal line--and I’ll do that only as a last
resort--but I was curious if I’m missing something that might remedy this from
within the VoiceFollower options. Any suggestions?

-- Dan

\version "2.19.80"

\score {
   \new PianoStaff
   <<
     \new Staff = "right"
      { \showStaffSwitch
        a'4 \change Staff = "left" g8 f e d c b,
      }

      \new Staff = "left"
      { \clef bass
        \showStaffSwitch