Re: Two simultaneous mark events

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Two simultaneous mark events
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 20:53:15 +0100

On 19/05/19 02:08, Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Why not just use markup for 'fine'? Position it as you wiil.

Because it doesn't make sense to use markup? It's a lot easier to
position something, if it's attached to its reference object. Otherwise
a minor change to the score will mess things up nicely!

In a different context, I hit this regularly with tempi at rehearsal
marks - because I separate layout from notes and re-use layout across
several parts, it's a nightmare when I have to use markup and attach
things to spacer rests, when I'd much rather attach multiple items to
the bar line.

This usually manifests itself in staircase markups just when I'm
struggling to cram as much music as possible into as small a space as
possible ..

Cheers,
Wol