Re: two-way synchronization (live or otherwise) between Lilypond and a D

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: two-way synchronization (live or otherwise) between Lilypond and a DAW
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 22:28:04 +0200

> Hello all,
>
> The subject says it all: I’d like to figure out the present
> state-of-the-art when it comes to working with Lilypond and a DAW
> "simultaneously", and discuss what the next steps might be towards
> improving whatever that situation is.

LilyPond is a batch program.  There is no synchronization with it.  It's
as simple as that.  It generates both Midi and PDF files from an input
file.  There may be incentive to synchronize the contents of those
files.  PDF and input are typically synchronized using point-and-click.
Midi is, as of now, rather vague.  Any synchronization so far that I
know of is in the context of animated scores and there is no canonical
way of doing that.

--
David Kastrup