Re: Installing Lilypond 2.21.80

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: Installing Lilypond 2.21.80
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 20:26:54 -0500

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 7:31 PM Aaron Hill <lilypond@hillvisions.com> wrote:
On 2020-11-01 3:58 pm, Aaron Hill wrote:
> On 2020-11-01 3:41 pm, Ralph Palmer wrote:
>> Hi -
>>
>> I would like to install LilyPond 2.21.80, but I don't know how. I have
>> successfully installed earlier versions, but I don't remember how, and
>> can't find instructions.
>
> The installation instructions can be found here [1] where you would
> obtain the stable release.  (Perhaps a helpful link could be added on
> the development/unstable pages.)
>
> [1]: http://lilypond.org/unix.html

Never mind.  There *is* a link to the stable download page in the big
friendly box above the download links.

-- Aaron Hill

Thanks, Aaron, but I specifically asked about 2.21.80 because of Phil Holmes' request for users to use the "stable release candidate", or 2.21.80. I'm currently running 2.20.0. I could not find adequate instructions for installing the unstable version.

All the best,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer