Re: Installing Lilypond 2.21.80

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Installing Lilypond 2.21.80
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 17:30:00 -0800

On 2020-11-01 3:58 pm, Aaron Hill wrote:
> On 2020-11-01 3:41 pm, Ralph Palmer wrote:
>> Hi -
>>
>> I would like to install LilyPond 2.21.80, but I don't know how. I have
>> successfully installed earlier versions, but I don't remember how, and
>> can't find instructions.
>
> The installation instructions can be found here [1] where you would
> obtain the stable release.  (Perhaps a helpful link could be added on
> the development/unstable pages.)
>
> [1]: http://lilypond.org/unix.html

Never mind.  There *is* a link to the stable download page in the big
friendly box above the download links.

-- Aaron Hill

Thanks, Aaron, but I specifically asked about 2.21.80 because of Phil
Holmes' request for users to use the "stable release candidate", or
2.21.80. I'm currently running 2.20.0. I could not find adequate
instructions for installing the unstable version.

That's the point. It's all the same. There's no unique instructions for stable vs. unstable. Follow the stable instructions, but download the unstable .sh script.

-- Aaron Hill