Tremolos between two whole notes with LilyPond 2.20.0 and newer

From: Kuredant Kuredant
Subject: Tremolos between two whole notes with LilyPond 2.20.0 and newer
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 18:52:49 +0900

Hello,

I've been using the solution mentioned in https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-02/msg00253.html to adjust the orientation of the tremolo beams between two whole notes, like in this example: http://lilybin.com/vzv8uv/1

This works very well with LilyPond 2.18.2 and 2.19.48, but it no longer works with the latest stable and development versions (2.20.0 and 2.21.7): the beam stays horizontal.

convert-ly only tells me to remove "parser" and "location" from "define-music-function", which doesn't improve the result, and I couldn't find anything in the release notes related to Beam.gap, Beam.extra-offset or Beam.stencil.

Does somehave have a solution working with newer Lilypond versions?