Re: edition-engraver mod on first note

From: Martin Neubauer
Subject: Re: edition-engraver mod on first note
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 15:01:32 +0100

Hi Damian,

During the summer I spent some time diving into the edition engraver
myself and also noticed that some classes of mods didn't work on the
first downbeat while others did. (I don't remember exactly which ones
were problematic, but I can look it up later.) My workaround was to
insert '\grace s8' at the beginning. (The actual duration shouldn't
matter, but too long ones might add noticeable empty space.)

Hope that helps somewhat,
Martin