Re: Typesetting output on one long line

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Typesetting output on one long line
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 19:23:57 +0100

Hi Amy,

although I'm a veteran user since 1.6.6, I've just come across a problem
that I can't solve on my own and I can't believe it hasn't been
implemented yet. I'm trying to get Lilypond to output the music (just a
regular piano piece) on one long line, i.e. as if on an endless long
paper strip. The reason is that I'd like to let the notes scroll along
on a video screen while the music is being played so the viewer's eyes
can always stay in the middle of the screen.

Do you know what I mean? And does anybody know how to do it?

If I understand you correctly, try

page-breaking = #ly:one-line-auto-height-breaking

in \paper {} (using a fairly current version of LilyPond).

HTH
Lukas