Changing staff colour

From: Paul McKay
Subject: Changing staff colour
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:36:54 +0100

Hi
I am working on some Haydn piano music and want to distinguish between urtext and my version music. (I plan to write out the variations I use when I repeat.) A neat way to do it would be to change the colour of the staff lines. I can't find a way that works. I can change the colour easily enough at the beginning of the staff, but it doesn't seem possible to change it thereafter. For what I want to achieve, it would be fine to start a new staff but it would need to look like a continuation of a previous one. Here is what I've tried so far. I'd like the final version to have two contiguous bars where the staff colour matches what's indicated by the markup.
Thanks in advance.
Paul
\version "2.22.0"

% Change staff color
musicA = {
    \new PianoStaff  <<
        { \new Staff = "right"  {
            \accidentalStyle modern-cautionary
            \override Staff.StaffSymbol.color = #blue
            { c'1-\markup "blue" }
          } \new Staff = "rong" { % Calling this one "right" too, doesn't change anything.
              \override Staff.StaffSymbol.color = #magenta
            { c'1-\markup "Magenta" }

musicB = {
    \new PianoStaff  <<
        { \new Staff = "right"  {
            \accidentalStyle modern-cautionary
            \override Staff.StaffSymbol.color = #blue
            { c'1-\markup "blue" }
              \override Staff.StaffSymbol.color = #magenta
            { c'1-\markup "Magenta" }

\score {
    { \musicA \musicB }
     \layout { indent = #0