Re: Trouble with my Piano-Scores

From: Brian Barker
Subject: Re: Trouble with my Piano-Scores
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:25:59 +0100

At 20:43 14/06/2021 +0200, Robert Blackstone wrote:
... the next one with exactly the same score had, according to the console, two serious errors:
... error: EOF found inside a comment
... error: syntax error, unexpected end of input
[...]
Can any of you see what is wrong here and what must be changed to make it work?

I don't think there is anything wrong with what you have quoted. I'm guessing that you have a commented line somewhere that happens to start with an open-brace. That %{ constitutes the start of a "block comment", which continues across multiple lines until you have a corresponding %} to end the block. If it happens that you do not have any such occurrence, any material after the %{ will be ignored, and Lilypond will complain that the end of your text file occurs both within a comment and possibly at an irrational point in your code.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker