Using partCombine with beamed melismata in cadenza mode

From: Brent Annable
Subject: Using partCombine with beamed melismata in cadenza mode
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 21:19:30 +1000

Hi all,

I'm trying to use \partCombine to merge two parts with beamed eighth notes in cadenza mode (see attached). What I want is for the three eighth notes in the lower part to merge into chords with the upper part, but Lilypond doesn't seem to want to do it. When I take out the [ ] beaming marks, it merges the second two notes, but the first one (tied to the previous e-flat) still won't merge with the part above it.

Is there a way to get \partCombine to do this?

Regards,

Brent.

PS: I've noticed that the online documentation still says to use \partcombine with a lower-case "c", but when I try that I get error messages. It only works for me in version 2.22.1 when I use camel case (\partCombine).