Getting rid of omitted tuplet bracket warnings

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Getting rid of omitted tuplet bracket warnings
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 08:17:13 -0700

Hello all,

I have a situation where my music engraves fine, but produces a lot of
warnings.  Here is a snittet (output attached):

%%%
\version "2.22.1"
\language "english"

\relative c {
  \key af \major
  \time 4/4
  \clef bass

  \omit TupletNumber
  \tuplet 3/2 4 {
    ef,8 ef'' g,
      <<
        { df4 s8 ff4 s8 ef4 s8 }
        \\
        { df8 ff' af, ff df' af ef df' g, }

%%%

This will produce three "omitting tuplet bracket with neither left nor
right bound" warnings. So, first question: should it?  Is that code
improperly formed?  I can get rid of the warnings with some nifty
Scheme code someone gave me that will ignore multiple warnings, but it
"bothers" me.

Here is a way I found to get rid of the warnings:

%%%
\version "2.22.1"
\language "english"

\relative c {
  \key af \major
  \time 4/4
  \clef bass

  \omit TupletNumber
  \tuplet 3/2 { ef,8 ef'' g, }
    <<
      { \omit TupletNumber \tuplet 3/2 4 { df4 s8 ff4 s8 ef4 s8 } }
      \\
      { \omit TupletNumber \tuplet 3/2 4 { df8 ff' af, ff df' af ef df' g, } }

}
%%%

My problem with it is it seems unnecessarily verbose. Also, this bass
line continues for dozens of measures, so I'd like to wrap it all in a
\tuplet construct.  Do I have to break up the tuplet in dozens of
places just to avoid errors? Is there a better way?

--
Knute Snortum