Re: Can I put the F key sign # down one octave? *KeySignature*

From: Michael Hendry
Subject: Re: Can I put the F key sign # down one octave? *KeySignature*
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 12:52:55 +0100

> On 27 Jun 2021, at 02:45, darkijah@jesusgod-pope666.info wrote:
>
> If I had just payed more attention to your mail, I went for the link and
> tried to figure something out. I should could not sort it out and went for
> your post again going to complain :P And there the solution was in the first
> place, LOL :D
>
> I just could not sort the it out with the things I was trying, apparently I
> never got to the thing, as it was mixed up with so much else. Anyway, it now
> finally works!!! Put it in the layout block and it works wonderful! Another
> one nailed down. I'm pretty happy with the result.
>
> THANKS!
>
> Makes much more sense to have it down there, when you use the flute and begin
> to play it - took me so much time to understand what it really was - but now
> it makes much more sense being on the line of the standard F# line that is
> normally used for the Tin Whistle.
>
> Dearly regards
> - Darkijah

I’m a bit late to this discussion, but wouldn’t it be better to leave the key
signature with the sharp sign at the top of the staff and use a cautionary
accidental (e.g. fis?) each time the f sharp appears at the bottom of the staff.

This would mean that your pupil could learn to recognise the key signature in
its conventional format, but would get a reminder to play f sharp.

Regards,

Michael