Re: Printing two staves in the same place (overlaying)

From: Daniel Benjamin Miller
Subject: Re: Printing two staves in the same place (overlaying)
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 12:38:03 +0300

Thanks, Silvain, but let me clarify. I want two staffs to actually be placed in the same exact spot. So, for instance, the five lines of each staff should be engraved in the same spot --- but everything within the staff should be "unaware" of this fact.

One of the images shows staves A and B (as generated by LilyPond). The second is a rough mockup of what I would like: staff B and staff A placed in the same location.

(I know that it is strange, but I have some specific uses I would like to use this for. I really do want to overlay everything, including conflicting clefs, etc. --- I don't want to do a combination of voices. The overlay should be visual, rather than musicological.)