Re: Beam angle with whole-note tremolos

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Beam angle with whole-note tremolos
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 13:29:34 -0700

On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 10:19 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> Le 08/08/2021 à 02:25, Knute Snortum a écrit :
> > Hi everyone.
> >
> > I've run into a problem that seems to be an old issue: the angle of
> > the beams between a whole-note tremolo is horizontal, but should be
> > tilted slightly.
> >
> > https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/318
> >
> > My question is how to fix this in the source file.  Is there a way to
> > manually adjust the tilt of a beam? I suspect there is but I'm having
> > no luck finding it. Or maybe there's another way to get around the
> > problem. Any suggestions are welcome.
>
> For example:
>
> \version "2.22.1"
>
> {
>    \override Beam.positions = #'(1 . 1.5)
>    #(ly:expect-warning (_ "weird stem size, check for narrow beams"))
>    \repeat tremolo 32 { g64 a'' }
> }
>
> See http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/internals/beam
>
> Best,
> Jean

Thanks prefect, Jean! I did try to look it up in the manual.  I
searched for angle and tilt, and through all the LSR snippets that had
"beam" in them. Didn't try "position", though.

Is it worthwhile to put this work-around in the issue?  I've seen
issues lists where long-standing bugs have work-arounds posted to
them.