Re: Another midi issue

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Another midi issue
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 09:56:34 -0700

If you include the \midi {} block in your \score, you must also include a \layout {} to get a PDF.

--
Knute Snortum

On Mon, Jul 4, 2022 at 9:54 AM Omer Katzir <komer83@gmail.com> wrote:
For some reason I can’t generate pdf and midi at the same time, I must % the midi block or it won’t generate the pdf file. I got it working on other file similar to this one, but I can’t find out why it won’t do the same with the current one. I know it’s a lame question but I looked into the documentation and couldn’t find the right answer.

All your help is appreciated.

Omer Katzir

%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.18.2"

\header {
  title = “xxxx"
  subsubtitle = “xxxx"
  composer = "Omer Katzir"
  tagline = "Omer Katzir http://omerkatzir.net"

}

upper = \relative c' {
  \time 3/4
  \tempo 4 = 96
  \key c \major
  \voiceOne

A a a a a

}

lower = \relative c {
  \key c \major
  \voiceTwo
C c c c c c
}

\score {
  <<
    \new StaffGroup = "tab with traditional" <<
      \new Staff = "guitar traditional" <<
        \clef "treble_8"
        \context Voice = "upper" \upper
        \context Voice = "lower" \lower