Re: error handling

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: error handling
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 01:20:24 +0200

On 7/5/22 01:10, Thomas Morley wrote:
Am Di., 5. Juli 2022 um 00:34 Uhr schrieb Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>:

I just detected I can't compile my code with 2.22. any more, due to
the internal changes in \repeat volta.
Ofcourse it could have been any other change as well.
Should I code for both lily-versions, just to get helpful error
messages? Well, no, thanks.

We have a real problem here.
You are a master of understatement.

I sense the long coding day behind this sentence ... :)

Does it help to use master, not byte-compiled?

Short answer: no.

Slightly less short answer: what matters is the way LilyPond executes
the code in the file, not the way it executes its internal code.
Also, bytecode is precisely what gives you the error locations.