Re: grace note (first note) in a measure that follows an end of a repeat

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: grace note (first note) in a measure that follows an end of a repeat volta displays weirdly
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 08:43:08 +0200

On 6 Jul 2022, at 07:25, Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolcott@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi;

grace note (first note) in a measure that follows an end of a repeat
volta displays weirdly

Lilypond 2.22.2 (Mac, homebrew, Guile 2.2)

I have lots of slashed grace notes, many of which occur at the
beginning of a measure.  I have fixed most of those by adding a grace
with a skip in the other (unspecified) voice.

 However, the first measure that follows a repeat section (without
alternatives) there is a slashed grace note that Lilypond displays in
a measure all by itself, despite my attempts to place a grace note
with a skip at the same location in a different (unspecified) voice.

Is this problem resolved by specifying voices?

What am I doing wrong here?
See

section 'known issues and warnings'. It deals with exactly your issue. You need to have a grace skip in the other stave.

regards,
Hans