Re: Error message using AikenHeads with NullVoice

From: David F.
Subject: Re: Error message using AikenHeads with NullVoice
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 10:15:01 -0600

> On Jul 6, 2022, at 12:40 PM, David Wright <lilylis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On Wed 06 Jul 2022 at 11:56:52 (-0600), David F. wrote:
>> [ … ]
>> The command to use aikenHeads comes from a separate style file that gets
>> included for each hymn.  But there is an unfortunate interaction between
>> aikenHeads and NullVoice: Lilypond outputs the following error message:
>>
>> programming error: must have stem dir for note head
>> continuing, cross fingers
>>
>> And it outputs a lot of these messages.  I need to find a way to stop
>> Lilypond from outputting this error.  Any kind of quick fix or hack would be
>> sufficient.
>
> $ lilypond source-file.ly |& tee /tmp/complete-errors | grep -v 'programming
> error: must have stem dir for note head' | grep -v 'continuing, cross fingers'
>
> Is this hackish enough? The unfiltered errors are available
> for consultation in /tmp/complete-errors. I would need sed
> rather than grep to filter out the second line only when
> preceded by this particular first line.
>
> Cheers,
> David.

Yes, that would be an option.  I’m already filtering the warning I get from
setting a custom variable from the command line:

    "2>&1 | grep -v '^warning: no such internal option:
\(aspect-ratio\|style\)$’”

But in this case, I’d be suppressing the error completely.  Which means that,
in the future, if something I did were to also cause this error, I wouldn’t see
it.

David F.