Re: error handling

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: error handling
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 23:33:56 +0200

Am Mi., 6. Juli 2022 um 19:07 Uhr schrieb Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>:

> On 7/5/22 01:10, Thomas Morley wrote:
> > Am Di., 5. Juli 2022 um 00:34 Uhr schrieb Jean Abou Samra
> > <jean@abou-samra.fr>:
> >
> > I just detected I can't compile my code with 2.22. any more, due to
> > the internal changes in \repeat volta.
> > Ofcourse it could have been any other change as well.
> > Should I code for both lily-versions, just to get helpful error
> > messages? Well, no, thanks.
> >
> >> We have a real problem here.
> > You are a master of understatement.
> >
> > Does it help to use master, not byte-compiled?
> > Could check myself, to tired now, though.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >    Harm
>

> By the way: as a workaround, you can put your code in a .scm file
> and load it with ly:load. Then run LilyPond with GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=1.

Sorry for the delayed reply!
I now tried to make some steps for scm-files/ly:load/autocompile.

Though, as far as I can tell ly:load doesn't work with relative pathes.

I'm attempting to code an extension to plain LilyPond. It needs a huge
amount of scheme-coding.
And ofcourse I will not know where the end-user may store it (once it
is finished)

Therefore ly:load is unusable.
Thus debugging such huge code is a pain, it drains energy and motivation.

Ok, I can use it for private coding, though that's not the goal.

Cheers,
  Harm