Re: Code pointer from end-BarLine to previous NoteHead.?

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Code pointer from end-BarLine to previous NoteHead.?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 14:53:31 +0200

Le 18/07/2022 à 19:28, Thomas Morley a écrit :
Am Mo., 18. Juli 2022 um 18:43 Uhr schrieb Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de>:

I regularly switch back to old Guile v1.8 LilyPond versions (that's very
easy in Frescobaldi) if my Scheme code gets to complicated for me - this
happens quite often :-) - and I want to have meaningful debug messages.
Maybe that's a compromise one has to make for the time being.

That said, ...
It shouldn't be that hard to code with guilev2 in LilyPond.

I think it is worth remembering that the four participants
in this thread are contributors and would likely prefer not
to go back to the stable (“outdated”) version, but after all,
this is what has quality guarantees, unlike the development
version. Yes, there are generally high quality expectations in
this project, meaning that unstable versions are _usually_ very
stable and usable, but quirks are unavoidable, and it simply
takes time and energy to iron them out.

Meanwhile, like Lukas, I have been unashamedly switching
back to 2.22 when I wished a better diagnostic. This is
what we advise most users to use, so I'm not bothered.
The issue is marked as a regression, so it will have to
be fixed before we release the next stable version anyway.