Re: Issue with download link

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Issue with download link
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 09:07:06 -0700

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 6:56 AM Simon Albrecht <simon.albrecht@mail.de> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> On 24/07/2022 19:44, Jonas Hahnfeld via LilyPond user discussion wrote:
> > Please refer to the Installing section in the
> > Learning Manual for instructions how to set up the provided binaries:
> > https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/learning/installing
>
> This link leads to a 2.23 documentation page which contains links for
> 2.22.1 binaries.
>
> Would it make more sense linking to
> <http://lilypond.org/development.html> and
> <http://lilypond.org/download.html> instead?

Ah, this ties in to what I posted early.  The webpage...

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/learning/command-line-setup

...has a link labeled Download that leads to this page:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/web/download

It has "v2.23" in the URL, but the page still says "Downloads for
LilyPond 2.22.2"  Following this link you get to:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/web/unix

Which is the best page I found earlier.  It has 2.22 downloads.

--
Knute Snortum