Re: \time 9/8 (3/4)

From: Eef Weenink
Subject: Re: \time 9/8 (3/4)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 12:27:32 +0000

The question started with a piece of Liszt. It has to be played adante. Time is
set:
first part:  9/8 (3/4)
second part: 6/8 (2/4) istesso tempo (means that a 1/4 stays 1/4. So the
duration of the measure changes).

Writing it this way, prevents printing the triplet everywhere.
The feel of the piece is for sure 3/4 resp. 2/4.

NB: I also have seen similar pieces where, the composer/arranger, just wrote it
is this way, without mentioning it in the time. When reading it, you suddenly
see 3 x 1/8 in a 1/4. (OK this must be triplets :-) and of you go.

Eef