[Linphone-developers] new linphone-1.0.0pre5

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: [Linphone-developers] new linphone-1.0.0pre5
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:26:48 +0100

Hello,

I've just uploaded a new pre5 release at the usual place:
http://simon.morlat.free.fr/download/unstable/source
It contains several bugfixes.

Some people reported broken behaviours when using an outbound proxy:
note that you need to select the proxy to use for outgoing requests on the
main window. For now this selection is not saved to disk so that linphone
looses your last proxy selection when restarting.

Choosing a proxy before starting a call makes linphone use your proxy identity
to send the call. If the proxy setting has a non empty route parameter, then
the proxy is used as an outbound proxy, meaning that the calls will
systematically go through it.

This is a subject of thinking for next release to decide whether this way of
setting the default proxy to be used for call.

Note that now the source of eXosip being used in linphone is exactly the same
that the one on the official eXosip cvs. However, exosip is compiled a bit
differently within linphone:
configure.ac is modified like this:
- josua build is disabled
- '-DSM' is appended to CFLAGS
- '-linphone' is append to VERSION
src/Makefile.am is modified like this:
- noinst_LTLIBRARIES is used instead of lib_LTLIBRARIES

Sorry for this long time waited release, and sorry for the unanswered emails,
I have very short time at the moment to spend on my free software activites.

Thanks for testing.

Simon