[Linphone-developers] [Q] re-invite with new RTP address and port ?

From: Clement Chen
Subject: [Linphone-developers] [Q] re-invite with new RTP address and port ?
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:37:11 +0800

Hi,
    I used Linphone 1.0.1 with the asterisk IP PBX. When I configured
linphone's extension on the PBX to allow "canreinvite", PBX will send
a re-invite message containing the call peer's IP address and RTP port
instead of PBX's after a call is established. However, I saw linphone
response "200 OK" but not reset the RTP stream to use the new IP
address and RTP port. Does the latest snapshot in the CVS repository
support this ? If not, I would try to patch linphone to provide such
functionality.
    Basically, all RTP traffic in a call will go to asterisk PBX first
and then PBX will pass it. When "canreinvite=yes" is set for both
peers, the asterisk PBX will send re-invite messages to both peers
after the call is established to ask them to send RTP traffic directly
to each other without passing through the PBX.

Thanks,

Clement.