Re: [Linphone-developers] RTCP packet for every RTP packet?

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] RTCP packet for every RTP packet?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:19:17 +0200

Hi,

Did you define a PayloadType for your MPEG2 stream at 48khz ?
oRTP normally sends a RTCP packet every 5 seconds.
To get informed about time, it uses the timestamp information you give to
rtp_session_send*_with_ts. (by dividing it by the clock_rate of the
PayloadType being used).
As a consequence a bad PayloadType definition can result in a wrong estimation
of the time.

Simon