Re: [Linphone-developers] Purpose of linphone-1.99.0

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Purpose of linphone-1.99.0
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:49:02 +0100

Hi Petr,

Sorry for this very late answer.
The purpose of 1.99.0 is to stabilize after a big big move inside linphone: I
changed it to use libeXosip-3.0.3 and libosip2-3.0.3, that have different
apis than the old eXosip previously used.
This big change leaded to many new features (taken from NEWS file)
        * implements early media
        * implements incoming re-INVITE
        * presence support improvements
        * ipv6 working on windows
        * implements SDP over 200ok/ACK
        * add experimental snow codec support
        * answers to VFU request in SIP-INFO by sending an I-frame.
        * ffmpeg rate control enabled, improved mpeg4 quality for low bandwidths
        * separate video grabbing and display in linphonec
Now I feel confortable with the fact that this branch has reached to stability
comparable to 1.7.x branch.
I wish I 'll have the time to release a 2.0.0 in the next weeks.

Simon