Re: [Linphone-developers] How to realize DTX with oRTPlib?

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] How to realize DTX with oRTPlib?
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:00:11 +0100

> Can rtp_session_sendm_with_ts() send nothing when input
>
> argument mp==NULL?
>

> If it can't, may be it is good idea to make the patch?

Yes I think can be a possibility. I realize the session_set* api is not very
suitable for discontinuous transmission.
Do you have a strong requirement for using this session_set api ?
Alternatively you can just create one thread per session and use
rtp_session_sendm_with_ts() with blocking mode.
In that case, when sending the packet that comes after a silence periods, so
with a timestamp in the future, then rtp_session_sendm_with_ts() will block
until it's really time for the packet to be sent.

Simon