Re: [Linphone-developers] mediastreamer/alsa problems

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] mediastreamer/alsa problems
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:52:04 +0100

Hi strk,

Do these errors affect the behaviour of linphone during calls ?
I noticed I sometimes have also some alsa errors; they appeared after I made a
change to detect sound card capabilities, ie if they can capture or playback
or both.
This is done by calling snd_pcm_open() on each detected card at startup.
If a playback-open is done on a card that is capture-only, some alsa errors
appear. This has no effect on later execution.
However in the card list you are showing, I don't see any half duplex card, so
no errors should print.
Did you modify your ~/.asoundrc ? or upgrade alsa from your distro ?

Simon