Re: [Linphone-developers] oRTP for large scaled media server application

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] oRTP for large scaled media server application
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:31:58 +0100

Hi Erwin,

Sorry I have no benchmark nor perfomance figures.
I know that oRTP is used in Hewlett Packard OpenCall Media Platform, a
commercial media-server that can handle up to 2000 SIP calls in parallel
on 4 cores xeons.
So you may not worry a lot about oRTP performance.
However I recommend not to use scheduled mode, and instead let the
application have its own timing and regularly fetch RTP data using
rtp_session_recvm_with_ts, as it is done in mediastreamer2.

Simon