Re: [Linphone-developers] Cannot dissolve connect() association for rtp

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Cannot dissolve connect() association for rtp socket
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 10:29:16 +0100

Hi,

Apparently windows server 2003 does not support connect()
disassociations, that is cancelling a previous connect() done on a
socket.
The question is do you really need UDP connected socket ?
You can use
void rtp_session_set_connected_mode(RtpSession *session, bool_t yesno);
to disable connect().
Personnaly in linphone I don't use the connected mode.
The "features" brought by doing connect on a udp socket are:
1. the kernel automatically discards UDP messages that don't come from
the connected peer address
2. you are notified with "connection refused" errnos when the remote
socket is not opened or closed.

2 is nice but 1 is a problem when you don't know where the packets will
come from (common with firewalls), that's why I don't use it.

Simon