[Linphone-developers] Doubts on compiling with TLS for iOS.

From: Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Doubts on compiling with TLS for iOS.
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 17:31:39 -0200

Hi.

In a post from linphone-developers list (Mon, 12 Aug 2013), Ghislain sad that next Linphone version to come for iOS would have TLS and SRTP available.

I have some linphone beginner's questions about TLS in iOS:

a) Today I'm getting the linphone-iphone source code, via git. Does it already have the TLS and SRTP capabilities? I can't find this exactly information on Linphone Web site.

b) I intend to develop an application on top of liblinphone, after compile the code I'm getting now. It will be a iOS client liblinphone app wanting to use TLS. So, will it be necessary for the client to ask to the liblinphone, in iOS, to use TLS, or is it automatic?

c) Is it necessary for the client to indicate to the server whether it wants to set up a TLS connection or not? If so, how to do it by means of the Liblinphone?

d) If the server requests any client's certificate, will the liblinphone take care of it (send the certificate to the server)?

Any hint will be very helpful.
Thanks alot!

Rodrigo.