[Linphone-developers] linphone input / output using ALSA and soundcard w

From: hotmail
Subject: [Linphone-developers] linphone input / output using ALSA and soundcard with analog / digital ins
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 22:18:56 -0400

I have an Echo Audio Laya3G 16ch, audio interface and my mic / preamp is
connected to the interface via my digital ins (8 ch). (card 0:dev1) - however
linphone is only using my analog outs/ins (card0:dev0)

how can I setup linphone to use my card0:dev1 (digital) by default instead of
card0:dev0? (analog)

I had this setup working perfectly under Skype, ALSA and Jack Audio but a
forced uprade to Skype 4.3 didn't support ALSA which I have to use because the
drivers for my audio interface were written for ALSA. So after some research,
decided to give Linphone a try.

I have messed around with this already and read the linphone docs but my linux
/ ALSA audio experience is total n00bie - I am now officially lost

one other thing to note, Alsa lists both devices using an identical name
(Layla3G) so I can't differentiate by name in .linphonerc.

thanks! ~Rich