Re: [Linphone-developers] Choppy sound with ALSA, wavs sound fine

From: Eugenio Bargiacchi
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Choppy sound with ALSA, wavs sound fine
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 15:37:51 +0200

It seems that by default the output of linphone went to the alsa plughw device, which was able to properly play 44100hz sound (such as wav), but not 8000hz calls. This device was also not listed anywhere in the alsa configuration which was weird.

So I seem to have solved it by specifying alsadev=sysdefault and all the dev_ids to ALSA: sysdefault.