Re: [Linphone-developers] MediaStreamer/Alsa misconfiguration on an Imx6

From: Ерохин Андрей
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] MediaStreamer/Alsa misconfiguration on an Imx6 based product
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 15:53:36 +0300

Hello sir!

I was working with linphone on iMX6 using kernel 3.0.35, codec was aic32. This is probably not 1to1 your case, but just in case:

Sometimes IRQ latency in that kernel was about 200ms which caused mediastreamer to reset aic32 time after time. Do you see messages like following in linphone output?
*** alsa_can_read fixup, trying to recover
It may be caused by IRQ latency. There's not much ways to workaround this in mediastreamer. Try using low sampleraterate codecs or increasing ALSA_PERIOD_SIZE even more. Or do it on system level if you have root access: change CPU affinity of linphone and sDMA IRQ (in case when your I2S driver uses sDMA), move them away from CPU0.