[Linphone-developers] Android dialer integration and header_address pars

From: Mark
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Android dialer integration and header_address parser error
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 12:48:49 -0700

Hi,

I'm using Linphone Android 3.2.5 (because it was provided with g.729 and I'm not sure my developer-fu is strong enough to build my own. I did previously build Linphone under Debian with some help, so it's not hopeless.)

Linphone Android works great and talks to my asterisk server. I have some shortcuts to dial contacts on my phone and when I select one, Android asks if I want to use Phone, Linphone or Skype. When I select Linphone nothing happens. I'd expect it to dial the call.

I'm not sure if it is related but I see in the linphone log many entries like this,  even people I have not called. I suspect it is the parentheses formatting, as I know Linphone Linux does not like too. In the case of Anrdoid, I would think that Linphone should strip formatting and handle these numbers OK, as it is quite normal to have that in the phonebook.

2019-08-02 06:24:08:917 ERROR header_address parser error for [sip:(310) 555-1212@10.0.0.2;user=phone]
2019-08-02 06:24:08:917 ERROR Cannot create LinphoneAddress, bad uri [sip:(310) 555-1212@10.0.0.2;user=phone]
2019-08-02 06:24:08:917 MESSAGE Cannot parse a sip/sips uri as a generic uri
2019-08-02 06:24:08:917 ERROR header_address

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark