[Linphone-developers] bug in belle-sip 1.6.3 or linphone 3.13

From: John Hughes
Subject: [Linphone-developers] bug in belle-sip 1.6.3 or linphone 3.13
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 12:19:41 +0100

(yes I know it's a very old version of linphone, I'm on Debian :))

In order for the people in my small company to work from home during France's COVID-19 lockdown I've configured linphone to talk to our existing asterisk system.

It's working well but I was shocked to see that linphone was burning up 20% cpu time while idle.

What is happening is that linphone send a SIP REGISTER but when it gets back a SIP OK it refuses to believe that it matches so it resends the SIP REGISTER, rinse and repeat.

The problem is that nobody seems to be setting the public_ip field.   It should be set by belle_sip_channel_set_public_ip_port, which is called from belle_sip_channel_learn_public_ip_port which is called from belle_sip_channel_message_ready, called from acquire_body_simple, or acquire_chuncked_body, or belle_sip_channel_parse_stream.

I'm pretty sure belle_sip_channel_parse_stream is being called at appropriate places so I'm going to have to find out why it's not working.

This is Debian bug https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=954328 if you want to see the logs.