Re: [Linphone-developers] org.linphone.core.ChatMessage not populated wi

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] org.linphone.core.ChatMessage not populated with display name?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 09:29:20 -0400

Dave Osbourne <address@hidden> writes:

> Um, no one's replied - I can understand that no one is around or
> interested or perhaps I'm on the wrong list?

This is the right list.

I suspect many people read your post and said "probably you are right".
However, linphone is an odd mix of open source (technically, per the
license) and company developed (almost entirely) with proprietary
relicensing, and things happen differently than a normal open-source
project.  In particular, my impression is that the people actually
working on the code base tend not to read this list.

I would suggest:

  file an issue on the tracker; this seems to get paid more attention to

  perhaps fix the bug yourself and submit the code*

See

  https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-android
  https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-desktop

* For them to accept changes, they require you to sign a contributor
  agreement said to be available at

http://www.belledonne-communications.com/downloads/Belledonne_communications_CA.pdf
  but that is a complicated html page, not a pdf.

(I am just a random list member and linphone user, and have not signed
the CLA, as I tend to not want to sign CLAs with companies.  This is not
a recommendation not to - just an explanation of my own biases.)

I am replying because I suspect that nobody else will, even though what
I'm saying is likely the view of the silent majority.

If other list members think things I said are wrong - please speak up
and give your view.