[Linphone-developers] Uninstalling Linphone on Android seems to remove a

From: Dave Osbourne
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Uninstalling Linphone on Android seems to remove all Contacts - what does initializeSyncAccount do?
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 08:56:06 +0100

Hi All,

I have an issue with a new android device (Lineageos no gapps or google play) and Linphone (I do change recompile every now and then) using Android Studio.

When I uninstall Linhone all contacts that were added to the new phone seems to disappear.

I didn't make the connection for quite a while (a few days), but after looking into the disappearing contacts I ended up commenting all the code in the initializeSyncAccount() routine inside package org.linphone.contacts; if I install and uninstall now I don't loose the contacts and Linphone doesn't seem any the worse for it.

I think my issues is around the Liphone contact upload / sync and it does something to "own" the contacts and when it's removed they are all removed too.

I would very much appreciate any light any one can shed on this...

Regards,
Dave