Re: [Linphone-developers] Usage of Linphone

From: Peio Rigaux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Usage of Linphone
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 18:19:06 +0200

Hello.

Can you please link me the articles you didn't understand on the website ?

We could eventually improve them.

Linphone is free to use (free as in free beer).

When you create a Linphone account, you are using our free SIP service (our servers).

Everyone in the world can create a Linphone account for free, and do secure audio/video calls as well as group chat.

However, our free sip service can't call normal phones out of the box.
If you need it, you can find another SIP provider which offers a PSTN gateway (this is the tool needed to call normal phones).

You could then log in to Linphone with a SIP account of this external provider.

What is your use case ? Do you want just to use the applications or to distribute it ?

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org