Re: [Linphone-developers] Speex AEC vs WebRTC-AEC

From: Peio Rigaux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Speex AEC vs WebRTC-AEC
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 19:26:01 +0100

Hello.

Is this correct? Has the WebRTC AEC replaced the speex AEC in non-mobile Linphone builds? If so, when did the switch happen?

Linphone uses WebRTC AEC in desktop versions since 4+ years, probably since the 4.0. It is used since way longer on Android.

I can't say more about this change, because this happened before I was working here...

The speex repo still exists, you can find it on our gitlab repository.

If you need it instead of the WebRTC one, you can try to build the SDK with the appropriate options. Since Speex AEC hasn't been used nor tested since years you could experience issues.

The interesting point for me would be : why would you want to use the speex AEC ?

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior DevOps Engineer
Linphone.org